The Neolithic Hypothesis

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 18:29:50 UTC 1999

>jorna at web4you.dk writes:

>I would protest! Swedish and Danish, to me, are farther apart than Vedic and
>Avestan. It's been 30 years since I studied them, but they seemed then like
>virtually the same language, which no one could say about Swedish and Danish.

-- exactly.  If we put the earliest Avestan around 1000 BCE or a little
earlier, and the earliest of the Vedas around 1200-1500 BCE, which seems
generally accepted...

... then the date for Indo-Iranian unity would be around 2000 BCE.  At which
point all the Indo-Iranians were still in Central Asia and points north,
apparently.