The Indo-European Hypothesis [was Re: The NeolithicHypothesis]-Second post

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Mon May 10 19:58:47 UTC 1999

>X99Lynx at aol.com writes:

>Also, the traits of a particular microbe do not transfer to other unrelated
>strains.  If common traits, they develop independently.  In language,
>effective traits can be borrowed in their full maturity.

-- ah, you weren't aware of recent research showing that bacteria (and other
species) exchange genes?

[ Moderator's comment:
  Not even all that recent--there were pictures in my highschool biology
  textbook more than thirty years ago of single-celled critters exchanging
  nuclear material.

  But let's not lose sight of the fact that this is only an analogy, and we'll
  avoid drifting from the linguistics of the matter.
  --rma ]