Latin and Slavonic for `moon'

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Sat May 15 19:03:34 UTC 1999

>X99Lynx at aol.com writes:

>Quote me in full and it will be obvious that I wasn't talking about the
>intention to invent a language.

-- you spoke of the "invention" of German, didn't you?

>The intention is first of all to communicate.  The intentionally refers to
>the objective not the means.

-- nobody said "let's communicate!" either.

Humans communicate the way horses run and tigers stalk.  It's what we do.

>All they needed was to percieve and intend to communicate in another way.

-- they didn't do that, either.  All they intended to do was talk, and they
did -- and you can talk just as effectively in any language, in any era of
the human race.

Middle English is not one iota more "effective" at communication than Old
English.  It's just different.  Languages change because they do.