Excluding data

Jon Patrick jonpat at staff.cs.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 1 07:17:39 UTC 1999

ON Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:56:00 +0100 (BST)  Larry Trask <larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk>
said

    On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Jon Patrick wrote:

    > Let's agree to differ. My position is that if can't be shown to be
    > non-basque then it is basque.

    Too strong for me.  I prefer this view: if there exist reasonable
    grounds for *suspecting* it may not be native Basque, then we should
    exclude it.

    > If it can't be shown to be modern then it is old.

    Far too strong for me.
<snip>

    > How old is anybody's guess.

    Precisely, and not good enough for my purposes.

Larry, I think it is useful for us now to agree to differ on these points and
move on to new topics
cheers

Jon