Horthmen as 'mGall'

Thu Sep 2 20:40:58 UTC 1999

	I've read many times that the Goidelic Celts were the descendants
of the members of the Halstatt culture while Brythonic Celts were
descendants of members of the La Tene culture.
	But given that Celtiberian is also Q-Celtic, I've wondered if
P-Celtic wasn't an innovation that started at the center and only made it
as far as the island of Great Britain.
	The 2 concepts are not necessarily mutually excludable, of course,
in that the Q-Celts could have moved away from the center during the
Halstatt phase while the /q/ > /p/ phonomenon began at the center during
the La Tene phase.
	Inquiring minds want to know more

[snip]

>Geography seems to suggest that the Goidelic Celts belonged to an earlier wave
>than the Brythonic Celts, if they all came from the continent that is..

[snip]

Rick Mc Callister
W-1634
Mississippi University for Women