Excluding data

Roslyn M. Frank roz-frank at uiowa.edu
Sat Sep 25 19:47:24 UTC 1999

At 03:16 PM 9/24/99 +0100, Larry Trask wrote:
[snip]
[LT]
>As I've pointed out before, the first goal is to identify those words
>with the strongest claims to being native and ancient -- not to make
>sure we include every word which might conceivably be native and
>ancient, since any attempt at this must inevitably sweep up an awful lot
>of words which are not ancient.  First things first.

Who is "we"? I thought that Jon was doing one version of this project(using
a computer as an aid) and you were doing another (using paper)?! Or at
least I think that something to that effect was stated in an earlier mailing.

Roz

Roslyn M. Frank
Professor
Department of Spanish & Portuguese