"lumpers"

proto-language proto-language at email.msn.com
Thu Apr 6 22:06:32 UTC 2000

Dear Jens and IEists:

 ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Elmegaard Rasmussen" <jer at cphling.dk>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 6:39 AM

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Hans Holm wrote:

>> [...]
>> I would like to stress that no comparative linguist accepts any publication
>> combined with the names 'Shevoroshkin', Starostin, Bengtson, Ruhlen.....
>> [...]

> Then please accept my resignation from the guild, for I'd like to go on
> being inspired by work done by scholars like these who are not afraid to
> present an idea for consideration before the matter has advanced to the
> point of being self-evident.

> Jens Elmegaard Rasmussen

I would like to whole-heartedly endorse Jens' position here.

Jens himself has had some imaginative ideas that are worthy of serious
consideration; and I am thinking long and hard about possible adequate
answers to his last posting on *e/*o.

Pat

PATRICK C. RYAN | PROTO-LANGUAGE at email.msn.com (501) 227-9947 * 9115 W. 34th
St. Little Rock, AR 72204-4441 USA WEBPAGES: PROTO-LANGUAGE:
http://www.geocities.com/proto-language/ and PROTO-RELIGION:
http://www.geocities.com/proto-language/proto-religion/indexR.html "Veit ek,
at ek hekk, vindga meipi, nftr allar nmu, geiri undapr . . . a ~eim meipi er
mangi veit hvers hann af rstum renn." (Havamal 138)