"lumpers" - in defence of Ruhlen

Robert Orr colkitto at sprint.ca
Sun Apr 16 01:59:45 UTC 2000

There is actually a work by Ruhlen dating from the 70's, which, while open
to substantal criticism, is absoutely unexceptionable from the scholarly
point of view:

Ruhlen, Merrit. 1978. "Nasal Vowels". Joseph Greenberg, ed. Universals of
Human Language. 2.
Phonology. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 203-41.

Robert Orr