Cry Foul

David L. White dlwhite at texas.net
Wed Dec 13 13:54:38 UTC 2000

[ snip of private note to moderator ]

        Despite the fact that I have on at least two occasions clearly
indicated that my  usage or definition of the phonemic principle differs
from Mr. Whiting's, he uses the assumption that my usage is the same as his
to accuse me of logical fallacy, despite recognizing himself later on in the
same e-missive that my usage differs from his.  This is hardly kosher.  The
proper thing to do, both in terms of logic and decency,  would have been to
excise all references to my supposed logical fallacies once it was realized
that these were not justified, instead of wasting people's time having them
slog through reams of verbiage about how everyone could be a murderer and
what not that have no conceivable application to the issue at hand.

                                                            Dr. David L. White

[ Moderator's response:
  Presumably David White means that Robert Whiting should have done these
  things.  I will use this opportunity to remind all readers that the welcome
  message for this list calls upon those who feel themselves injured by the
  statements of another first to take the matter up with the person concerned,
  and not with me.
  --rma ]