PIE and Uralic

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 05:38:43 UTC 2000

I wrote:

<<Now I have somewhat earlier dates here for the existence of proto-Uralic
(Dolukhanov 1996) -- 10,000 - 7,000BP -- citing (Hajdu 1975).  I also have it
extending all the way to the Black Sea and eastern Caucasus to the Urals.  Do
you have newer data?>>

[First let me correct the above to the extent that it refers to the
mesolithic theories that are also mentioned in the same context by Dolukhanov
(1996) p.46.  This was read to me over the phone and I see looking at it now
that Hajdu actually places proto-Uralic 'from the Baltic to the Urals'
between 10,000-7000BP.]