Dating the final IE unity

Sat Feb 5 08:13:53 UTC 2000

	I seem to remember we went through this before and that someone
--either expert, eloquent or both-- explained that Pama-Nyungan split up
about 6,000 years ago or so and may or may not have something to do with an
era of technological innovation around that time --e.g. introduction of the
dingo, new types of tools/weapons, etc. And there was a suggestion that
they may have originally have been an immigrant group from New Guinea or
Indonesia or may have been a local group that expanded thanks to the new
technology