SV: Indo-Hittite

Larry Trask larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 14:16:49 UTC 2000

Stanley Friesen writes:

[Most of his posting was devoted to a critique of the UPenn work.  Since
I am not defending that work, I won't try to reply here.  But there was
one point that startled me.]

[LT]

>  >For one thing, the biologists have a lot more material to work with than
>  >we do.  They have genes, but we don't.  They have fossils, but we mostly
>  >don't.

>  These are relatively minor points.  In many cases neither has been
>  available to biologists either.

I am simply staggered to see genes and fossils dismissed as "minor points".
If these are your idea of minor points, what would you consider to be
major points? ;-)

Larry Trask
COGS
University of Sussex