About an IE database

Dr. John E. McLaughlin mclasutt at brigham.net
Thu Feb 10 16:42:21 UTC 2000

[ Moderator's note:
  Direct replies to Prof. Herzenberg may be sent to his e-mail address,
  herzenbg at lgg.usr.pu.ru .
  --rma ]

I-E List,

I received the request at the bottom of this post and Prof. Herzenberg asked
me to forward it to the list.  Immediately below is my response to him.

John McLaughlin

Prof. Herzenberg,

I'm sorry to be responding so late.  The first part of February has been
very, very busy for me.  I'll forward your message to the list as a whole.
US funding is probably best sought through either the National Science
Foundation (www.nsf.gov) or the National Endowment for the Humanities
(www.neh.gov).  You will need an academic tie in the United States, but with
all the Indo-Europeanists on the list, perhaps someone who specializes in
Indo-European would be interested in serving in that capacity.  (My own
interests are only peripherally Indo-European, but if all else fails, I'd be
willing to entertain the possibility.)  I would think that some U.S.
Indo-Europeanist would be happy to help you since you have student
assistants ready to hand (a situation we don't always enjoy in the United
States).  I may occasionally be a little late in responding, but I'd be
happy to offer any experience and/or advice on developing the proposal.

John E. McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
mclasutt at brigham.net

Program Director
Utah State University On-Line Linguistics
http://english.usu.edu/lingnet

English Department
3200 Old Main Hill
Utah State University