"is the same as"

Dr. John E. McLaughlin mclasutt at brigham.net
Fri Feb 11 06:01:00 UTC 2000

[ Moderator's note:
  I am in full agreement with Prof. McLaughlin's suggestion, and will post
  no further discussion of this sidebar topic.
  --rma ]

Pat, You're coming very close to your past racist claims that got you exiled
from other lists.  The list is more active with you involved, even though
your linguistic ideas are sometimes very controversial and we don't always
agree.  But the genetic/racial approach to language change that you espouse
will probably not be tolerated by the moderator once the rest of us start
the vehement attacks on what we know is rubbish.  If you want to pursue this
with other list members that you might think are interested, you should do
it off-line.  Please!

John E. McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
mclasutt at brigham.net

Program Director
Utah State University On-Line Linguistics
http://english.usu.edu/lingnet

English Department
3200 Old Main Hill
Utah State University