Renfrew's Celtic Scenario

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 07:02:18 UTC 2000

I wrote:
<<Actually, what Renfrew does is associate the original spread of IE
languages in Europe with PARTICULAR CULTURAL REMAINS (assemblages)

In a message dated 2/10/00 12:17:58 AM, JoatSimeon at aol.com replied with only
this comment:
<<-- yes, and without any evidence for doing so.>>

I disagree.  Actually, Renfrew's evidence is still rather compelling.
Although I am willing to reserve judgment until you unveil the amazing "rate
of differentiation" machine - which I understand will place PIE in a small
village in the Ukraine about 3000BC, where four different words for the wheel
would be divied up among the departing IEian children, just before they
marched off to change the language of Europe and half of Asia.

Regards,
Steve Long