Renfrew's Celtic Scenario

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 07:28:22 UTC 2000

>X99Lynx at aol.com writes:

>Yeah, well as you know, I'm looking forward to exactly how you calculate this
>differentiation - especially with Hittite and whatever you are
>differentiating it from.

-- that would require whole textbooks.  In fact, it _does_ require whole
textbooks.

Has it occurred to you that linguists know something about languages?  Things
whose demonstration can't be summed up in a paragraph?

>And I don't know why you think Farsi and Hindi are more differentiated than
>Hittite and Sanskrit - haven't a clue.

-- Just a little hint:

Hittite             Sanskrit        English

genu                janu            knee
kuis                ka              who
kuen                ghnanti         kill/strike
yukan               yugam           yoke
daru                taru            wood/tree
anzas               nas             us

>If this 'degree of differentiation' is based on your personal beliefs, that's
>fine.

-- well, 200 years of linguistic scholarship, for starters.