Bandkeramik and non-Anatolian PIE

Richard M. Alderson III alderson at netcom.com
Thu Feb 17 01:25:16 UTC 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Steve Long (X99Lynx at aol.com) wrote:

> I've often used the term non-Anatolian and 'narrow' PIE to describe PIE after
> its separation from Hittite and the other Anatolian languages.  This is
> rather orthodox linguistics.

Only of one school.  There are many Indo-Europeanists who do *not* accept that
Anatolian is to be viewed as a sister of the entire rest of the IE family.  In
fact, I would say that the "Indo-Hittite" hypothesis is accepted by very few,
almost all students of one person (and certainly of one department) in the US.

								Rich Alderson