R and r

Artem V. Andreev ie at AA5779.spb.edu
Thu Feb 24 21:19:25 UTC 2000

                          Dear sirs!

  I have a question that at a glance might seem not to have any relation
to the domain of the present list; but I humbly ask u to believe that it
has a direct connection with my studies in IE and that I am very hard to
solve it myself.
  The question is: is there any language in the world which has a *phonemic*
opposition between dental vibrant /r/ and uvular *vibrant* /R/?

                                                        Thank u very much
                                                        in advance,
                                                        Sincerely yours etc
                                                        Artem Andreev