the Wheel and Dating PIE

Stanley Friesen sarima at friesen.net
Sat Feb 26 03:01:40 UTC 2000

At 07:55 AM 2/23/00 +0100, Miguel Carrasquer Vidal wrote:

>Stanley Friesen <sarima at friesen.net> wrote:

>>[Though I actually question tracing B-S back to Corded Ware].

>G-B-S.

I am coming from the position of being unconvinced of the reality of
Germano-Balto-Slavic.  In fact I cannot consistently place Balto-Slavic in
the IE tree.  Depending on how I analyze it, it either comes out linked to
Germanic (as you suggest), or linked to the Greek and Indo-Iranian groups.

[Actually, I tentatively associate Corded Ware with German-Italo-Celtic,
with *possible* inclusion of Balto-Slavic: I call this loose grouping
"North European"].

May the peace of God be with you.         sarima at ix.netcom.com