Jose Perez' questions [was: Re: *hwergh-, *hwerg- or *hwerk-?]

Jim Rader jrader at m-w.com
Mon Feb 28 09:38:25 UTC 2000

[ Moderator's note:
  I have taken the Subject: from Stefan Georg's reply for postings relating to
  Mr. Perez' questions.
  --rma ]

> From:          "jose.perez3" <inakistand at yucom.be>
>     Hello IEists,

>     I've just started reading the list and was wondering wether any of you
> might help me with the following:

>     Could you, please, give me the complete reference of the Lexicon der
> Indogermanischen Verbum?

>     Does anybody know whether it could be purchased via internet?

>     I'm also after other "classics" such as Rick's Laut und Formenlehre des
> Griechisches and Meiser's Laut und Formenlehre des Lateins... can they be
> bought in the net?

Helmut Rix's _LIV: Lexikon der indogermanischen Verben_, his
_Historische Grammatik des Griechischen_ (the title I assume you
mean), and Gerhard Meiser's _Historische Laut- und Formenlehre der
lateinischen Sprache_ can all be purchased through Amazon.de, though
they are not cheap.  Perhaps if you are in Europe you can evade the
astronomical shipping and handling charges that Amazon.de charges
American customers for air shipment.  Incidentally, does anyone on
the list have an opinion on Meiser's book, which I have not seen?

Jim Rader