"name" - was: evidence for "Urheimat"

Hans Holm Hans_Holm at h2.maus.de
Tue Feb 29 08:37:00 UTC 2000

SG>you probably mean /Chukchi/
.. thank you so much. But I hate the //ch//. Just a personal tick.

SG>welcome to the beautiful land of Ruhlenistan
.. excuse me for not to own any work of Ruhlen;-((

You might have observed that different sources give different spellings.
In this case it seemed not nessessary to name the village/dialect of the
speaker,the year and author of the wordlist.

  What I started to demonstrate by my selection of 'name'-representations:
It seems to me that "name" is a widespread "Wanderwort",  for in any
language contact you will ask after for the *name* of your counterpart.

Regards
Hans J. Holm
D-30629 Hannover, (no mails >16kB please).