Renfrew and IE Overlords

Stuart Wheeler swheeler at richmond.edu
Tue Jan 18 04:06:37 UTC 2000

The conversation now proceeding is very helpful to me
as a non-IndoEuropeanist and reminds me to remind you
that this topic is directly in the path of a colloquy the University
of Richmond is hosting March 17-19, 2000.   .The topic of our colloquium
is "Greater Anatolia and the Indo-Hittite Language Family."

Robert Drews, professor  of Classics and History at Vanderbilt University
and this semester  visiting professor of Classics at Richmond is the genius
behind the colloquy and the host.

The keynote speaker is Colin Renfrew.    Speakers include Elizabeth
Barber,  Bill S. Darden, Margalit Finkelberg,  Vyacheslav Ivanov, Peter
Kuniholm. Alexander Lehrman, Craig Melchert, Colin Renfrew, Jeremy
Rutter, and Paul Zimansky.

There will be significant  periods of time for participant discussion and
interaction.

February 20, 2000 is the deadline for registration.   You can find all
the information about the colloquy including the full program and
registration procedure at http:hermes.richmond.edu/anatolia.

Stuart Wheeler