IE etymological dictionary

Hans Holm Hans_Holm at h2.maus.de
Wed Jan 19 06:32:00 UTC 2000

In spite of the dated and questionable quality of the old
"Indoeuropaeisches etymologisches Woerterbuch" by Pokorny, many scholars
would like to have a CD-ROM-version of it.

Does anyone know the state of the work on a new IE etymological dictionary
at LEIDEN, NL? I tried an e-mail to Kulikov at pcmail.LeidenUniv.nl, but that
was returned by the net. Regarding to the Leiden-University homepage,
Kulikov is not listed in their staff nor did I find any hint on such a
project.

Does anyone have an up-to-date information on the Leiden project?
Does anyone know of digitalized versions of the 'Pokorny IEW' What font
has been used?

       Hans J Holm

- - et monere et moneri - -