the Wheel and Dating PIE

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 14:39:31 UTC 2000

JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote (1/22/00 12:12:34 AM):
<<If it was borrowed into PIE while PIE is still united, that dates the era of
PIE unity.  And if it was borrowed later, it wouldn't show the characteristic
sound-shifts of the daughter languages... and it does.>>

I wrote:
<<...but what are the dates on those SPECIFIC sound changes you are
talking about?  And what makes you think they occurred immediately after PIE
was disunited?>> (caps mine.)