SV: Indo-Hittite

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 05:57:02 UTC 2000

In a message dated 1/25/00 10:15:53 PM, Sean Crist wrote:

<<I've lost track of the attribution, but someone on the list objected to
saying that Ringe, Warnow, and Taylor had found confirmation of the
Indo-Hittite hypothesis in their computational cladistic work.  The
objection was that the team used Luvian rather than Hittite to represent
Anatolian.

This isn't correct; in every version of the work I've seen, the team used
Hittite to represent Anatolian. >>

It was me.  Let me apologize.  The paper was on the screen in front of me and
the authors clearly say in a number of places that Hittite represents
Anatolian.  My statement was inexcusably incorrect.

Regrets,
Steve Long