GREEK PREHISTORY AND IE (EVIDENCE?)

Hans Holm Hans_Holm at h2.maus.de
Fri Jan 28 12:27:00 UTC 2000

SG>the paragraph above is simply wrong.

.. Though SG is known as an expert in Tungus and Mongolian langs, not the
arguments nor our style of communication allow such a decision. I think
also of the immense impact of Mongolian on Evenki (cf Doerfer M-T, 1985) -
in this case also without a migration. And according to Heissig (in Weiers
1986) Turcic began to become the dominating lang of the Golden Horde since
1262.

Of course SG is correct that Hungarian is an *Ugric* language by relating
it to the Ob-Ugric languages. I apologize for the slipage.

Hans J. Holm