Making IE materials available [was Re: IE etymological dictionary]

Dr. John E. McLaughlin mclasutt at brigham.net
Sat Jan 29 16:23:23 UTC 2000

If anyone gets REALLY interested in an IE etymological data base, interested
to the point of looking for funding, I've spent the last six years building
just such a data base for the Numic languages of Uto-Aztecan with NSF and
NEH funding.  I'd be happy to share my experiences, failures, redirections,
and successes over that time with whoever wants to be the project director
for the PIE data base.  It would make a stronger proposal to show that
you've examined what has and has not worked in the past.

John E. McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
mclasutt at brigham.net

Program Director
Utah State University On-Line Linguistics
http://english.usu.edu/lingnet

English Department
3200 Old Main Hill
Utah State University