Etymological dictionaries

Max Wheeler maxw at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 13:22:03 UTC 2000

>> From: "jose.perez3" <inakistand at yucom.be>
>> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:42:20 +0100

> [ moderator snip ]

>>      Final request: Ernout and Meillet's Dictionnaire itymologique de la
>> langue latine has been out of print for ages and my photocopies (yups!)
>> were never much good to start with. What shall I replace them with?

Ernout & Meillet is not out of print. It is available at 693.50 FF from Culture
Surf (http://www.culturesurf.com/rech.htm).

I bought a copy from them in October 1999.

Chantraine's Dictionnaire Etymologique de la Langue Grecque is also in print; 2
vols, 1444 FF, from Culture Surf. (I reckoned I couldn't afford Chantraine as
well, last October.)

Max Wheeler
Max W. Wheeler
School of Cognitive & Computing Sciences
University of Sussex
Falmer
BRIGHTON BN1 9QH, G.B.

Tel: +44 (0)1273 678975 Fax: +44 (0)1273 671320 Email: maxw at cogs.susx.ac.uk