Indo-Hittite Hypothesis

Richard M. Alderson III alderson at netcom.com
Wed Mar 1 20:46:33 UTC 2000

In reference to the UPenn papers, I wrote on Mon, 28 Feb 2000, in response to a
statement from Steve Long:

> Since the papers available on their website state that it was an unrooted
> tree to which they added rooting information, you appear to be accusing the
> group of deliberate falsehoods.  I'd be very careful of that, were I you.

It has since come to my attention that the authors do explicitly state that
they have intentionally created a rooted tree within the data, a statement I
had missed.

My apologies to Mr. Long and to the other readers for the above.

								Rich Alderson