Bears and why they mostly are called otherwise

Stefan Georg Georg at home.ivm.de
Mon Mar 13 09:03:23 UTC 2000

>>Georg at home.ivm.de writes:

>>>-- the PIE speakers were farmers and pastoralists.

>>You obviously were around.>>

>-- what alternative subsistence strategies do you find more credible?
>Hunting and gathering, or selling insurance door-to-door?

I only take issue with what I understood as a rather pronounced denial of
any hunting activity among them from your side. Being a farmer and
pastoralist does not *exclude* knowing how to hunt (and to gather) and
doing this from time to time. Even being an insurance salesperson or an
Indo-Europeanist doesn't.

Dr. Stefan Georg
Heerstraße 7
D-53111 Bonn