Conference in Copenhagen

Birgit Anette Olsen bao at cphling.dk
Tue Mar 21 12:36:30 UTC 2000

Dear fellow Indo-Europeanists,

We are currently investigating the possibilities of
arranging a minor conference in Copenhagen on the
subject: "Structure and Growth of the Indo-European
Word - registration and analysis" (probably October
2oth - 22th 2000). So far nothing is really settled,
but in order to convince our Faculty that this is
actually worthwhile considering, and that it would be
a good idea to give us a little money to cover the
costs, we need to know whether there is a genuine
interest in the matter or not. The plans so far would
include a couple of days on the subject of IE word
formation (nominal and verbal), preferably covering
a wide range of IE languages/branches, and a session
(perhaps one afternoon) dedicated to the question of
registration of the material (handbooks, lexical works
etc.). So, please, let us know what you think about it -
if you have any good ideas and plans, and if you would
consider coming. The deadline for applying for funds is
the first of April, so please don't hesitate.

Looking forward to reading your reactions -

Birgit Olsen.