Franks as Arians

David L. White dlwhite at texas.net
Fri Nov 17 21:35:48 UTC 2000

        About the Franks having been, at one point, Arians, is that in
Gregory, as I imagine it must be?  Most of my secondary sources are
ambiguous, and one speaks of Clovis as "a barbarian king who contemplated
conversion", which under ordinary circumstances would be taken to imply, if
perhaps a bit weakly, that he was pagan.  Not that I doubt it very much,
that the Franks were at one point Arians, just a little bit ... 5%.

                                                          Dr. David L. White