Greeks by way of Anatolia?

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Fri Feb 16 02:51:11 UTC 2001

dlwhite at texas.net wrote:
<<I am pretty sure that there are many other objections to the idea that the
pre-Greeks passed through Anatolia, though none occur to me at the>>

In a message dated 2/15/2001 3:35:37 AM, JoatSimeon at aol.com replied:
<<-- the lack of close linguistic connection between the Anatolian IE
languages and Greek would do. >>

Unless those 'Anatolian IE languages' were indigenous,  the lack of
connection logically proves nothing.  If the Anatolian languages 'moved' into
Anatolia from somewhere and early Greek 'passed through' from some other
direction, there would be no need for a connection.  Nothing logically
prevents early Greek and Anatolian co-existing in Asia Minor at some point,
as numerous other 'unconnected' languages have over the centuries.

Regards,
S. Long