Genetic Descent/Haitian Creole

Kreso Megyeral miskec4096 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:24:42 UTC 2001

>Anyway, thanks for the correction.  Now I know that there are -- apparently
>-- no Hungarian loans into Albanian.  Most interesting.  Absolutely
>*everybody* who ever set foot in the Balkans seems to have conquered
>Albania at some point, and I can hardly believe that the Hungarians never
>did.

Well, if you consider Hungarians as invaders to Balkans, then it's strange.
But, except for their personal union with Croatia, they'd never had any
contact with Balkans (if you consider Croatia a Balkan country, of course).
Or their possession of Transilvania and Vojvodina.
Apart from that, could anyone explain the etymology of previously mentioned
"ul" in Albanian? Is it of IE origin? And, I would also ask Mr. Aikio for
etymology of Hungarian verb (if it is of Uralic origin, of course).