Trivial Truths and Genetic "Patterns"

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 01:10:59 UTC 2001

In a message dated 6/30/2001 6:13:33 AM, larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk writes:
<<I must take exception to Steve's wording when he imputes to me the position
that "languages can't have more than one genetic ancestor".  Naughty,
naughty, Steve.>>

In a message dated 6/30/2001 7:32:15 PM, larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk writes:
<< Second, I have not proposed any rate of change.... And why do you keep
accusing me darkly of making sinister claims? >>

Well, then, I apologize to Larry Trask for misunderstanding his positions.  I
think I've lost track of who said what.  I think Dr White was involved in
this in some way.  I know I should be accusing someone darkly of making
sinister claims.  I just hope it's not me.  Well, anyway, sorry about that.

Regards,
Steve Long