Latin mecum, tecum, etc.

Thomas McFadden tmcfadde at babel.ling.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 26 20:18:57 UTC 2001

and there's the additional obvious example that i forgot to mention: warum
contains the a spelling (and pronunciation), another indication that
something fishy is going on with the vowels in these words in NHG, for
which the most obvious explanation would be dialect mixture in the
standard language.