About the Yew1

PolTexCW at aol.com PolTexCW at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 03:18:36 UTC 2001

In a message dated 6/5/1 3:55:01 AM, acnasvers at hotmail.com writes:

<< I don't see that Polaroid cameras are necessary. If you and I belong to the
same tribe, and we don't agree on what to call trees in the next valley,
then our use of language is dysfunctional. Do you really believe that
prehistoric humans were linguistically incompetent? >>

George Gordon Meade, victor of the battle of Gettysburg, was born, raised and
flourished in a culture largely dependant on the horse.  He spent his entire
career as a professional officer profondly involved with horses. In reading
his writings, it is obvious that he was far from "inguistically incompetent".
It is just as obvious that  George didn't know squat about horses.

John Biskupski