Genetic Descent/Haitian Creole

Kreso Megyeral miskec4096 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 21:21:41 UTC 2001

Larry Trask wrote:

> And Albanian is not Greek, Romance, Slavic, HUNGARIAN or Turkic, even though
> elements of these origins greatly outnumber the inherited elements.

Excuse me, but I will kindly ask for the explanation of the possible
Hungarian elements in Albanian. I'm a student of Hungarian and have also
studied Albanian, but have found no trace of evidence for such connection
(except the interesting similarity between Hungarian "|l" and Albanian "ul"
- to sit). Or was it that you just took Hungarian as an example of
"any-possible-language-it-could-be-connected-to"?