Proto-Celtic - An Exploration: Celtic ICM & Q/P Words = Function IE Roots

DFOKeefe at aol.com DFOKeefe at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 21:48:54 UTC 2001

Hello Indo-European List:

          Recently there was some discussion of Proto-Celtic on the list.  As
you probably know, my wife and I are amateur linguists.  In spite of our
amateur status, please permit us to offer for your consideration a paper
entitled PROTO-CELTIC - AN EXPLORATION: Celtic Initial Consonantal Mutation
and Q/P Equivalent Words as a Function of I.E. Roots.  We believe that our
analysis of I.E. roots in terms of ICM helps obtain a much clearer picture of
the prehistoric development of ICM and perhaps the phonological dynamics
which brought it about.  We are sure that this analysis of ICM in terms of
I.E. roots can benefit from some constructive suggestions.  Thank you for
your consideration.

          You may access this paper at one of our two Web sites:
http://hometown.aol.com/IrishWord/page1.html  (section 1)
http://hometown.aol.com/Dfokeefe/page1.html  (section xiii)
We humbly apologize for the all-too-basic America On Line graphics of our Web
page.

Sincerely,
David O'Keefe
Houston, Texas