Pre-IE Lexicon

proto-language proto-language at email.msn.com
Wed Mar 7 02:47:01 UTC 2001

Dear IEists:

Florent Dieterlen contacted me through my website, and wrote this email.

"
> Sir,
> I looked on a browser for the word " pre-indo-european " and felt on your
> name.
> I started in 1994 a Phd thesis on pre-IE lexicon and phonetics in France,
> Italy and Spain. I have collected about 700 pre- IE words, and drown maps of
> the pre-IE presence in those countries, comparing them with the maps of
> celtic words. I have also maps of the basque-related words ( a large part of
> the 700 words) for the same countries.
> Are you interested ? What is your interest in the field ?
> Best regards,
> Florent Dieterlen
"

I am reasonably sure that some list-members will be interested in pursuing this
new source of information.

Mr. Dieterlen can be contacted at:

fdieterlen at perso.ch

Pat
PATRICK C. RYAN | PROTO-LANGUAGE at email.msn.com
(501) 227-9947 * 9115 W. 34th St. Little Rock, AR 72204-4441 USA
WEBPAGES: PROTO-LANGUAGE: http://www.geocities.com/proto-language/
and PROTO-RELIGION:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2803/proto-religion/indexR.html

"Veit ec at ec hecc, vindgá meiði a netr allar nío,
geiri vndaþr . . . a þeim meiþi, er mangi veit,
hvers hann af rótom renn." (Hávamál 138)