No Proto-Celtic?

bruce fraser blf10 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 21 13:50:43 UTC 2001

 I believe Prof. Trask refers to Friedrich's chapter 'The Devil's Case...',
in the 1976 Festschrift 'Linguistic Studies Offered to Joesph Greenberg...',
which is rather difficult to track down. The basis of the argument appears
in Friedrich's 'PIE Syntax: the order of meaningful elements' (1975), and he
also discusses it in JIES 4, (1976).

Bruce Fraser