word frequency databases

Annick.DeHouwer vhouwer at uia.ua.ac.be
Sun Aug 8 13:32:30 UTC 1999

There is also the Longman Spoken and Written English Corpus that contains
over 40 million words of text, and that was the basis for the Longman
Grammar of Spoken and Written English by D. Biber, S. Johansson, G. Leech,
S, Conrad and E. Finegan (just published).
--Annick De Houwer

PS For those of you who are wondering (given this and my previous message
on the list) -- no, I am *NOT* a Longman shareholder.