language change

Ann Dowker ann.dowker at psy.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 17:45:45 UTC 1999

It is certainly very common in England. Probably since early/ mid 80s. I
was told by Israeli relatives that the Hebrew equivalent was common in
Israel before it became common here.

It's sometimes abbreviated here to "No prob!"

By the way, does anyone know when "No Way!" became common as means of
emphasizing the No. It's my impression that it probably dates from the
mid/ late 70s; but does anyone have any information?

Ann