Spanish grammar source

Silliman, Elaine silliman at chuma1.cas.usf.edu
Mon Aug 30 19:22:23 UTC 1999

We are completing a study on Spanish-English narrative production in 9-11
year old children. Berman and Slobin (1994) have been helpful for certain of
our analyses. However, finding a useful (i.e., functional) source on Spanish
syntax, specifically, non-clausal forms, has been more difficult. For
example, modals do not exist in Spanish but functions similar to English
modals do exist. Many sources we have researched are old, just to cite one
difficulty. Any assistance with resources would be very much appreciated.

Elaine R. Silliman, Ph.D.
Professor
Communication Sciences and Disorders and
Cognitive and Neural Sciences
Interdisciplinary Center for Communication Sciences
University of South Florida
Tampa Florida 33620
Voicemail: (813) 974-9812/974-8419
Fax: (813) 974-0822/8421