post

Cote, Linda (NICHD) cotel at cfr.nichd.nih.gov
Thu Feb 4 12:58:21 UTC 1999

Dear fellow CHILDES subscribers:

I am looking for advice/guidelines from researchers who have used CHAT and
CHILDES with Japanese-language material, and people who have used bilingual
material where the two languages used different alphabets/character sets (e.g.,
English and Japanese).

(My situation is this:  I have some Japanese-English bilingual data that needs
to be transcribed.  We have Japanese-English bilingual researchers in our lab
who can do the transcription, I'm just not sure of the mechanics, "how" they
will do it.)

THANK YOU !!!

Linda R. Cote-Reilly, Ph.D.
Child & Family Research Section
National Institute of Child Health & Human Development, NIH
Bldg. 31 Room B2 B15
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD  20892-2030

fax:      301-496-2766