Head-turn video

Lynn Santelmann santell at nh1.nh.pdx.edu
Fri Feb 5 22:20:13 UTC 1999

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly to my query.

The video clip I was looking for was part of the "Mind" series on PBS,
showing two infants doing categorical perception tasks with
conditioned head turn (research by Werker, Kuhl).

In addition, Erika Hoff-Ginsberg told me that  this research is also
shown in module #26 of General Psychology Teaching Modules edited from
The Mind series, which was (is?) available to those who adopted some
intro psych texts.

For people who are interested in intermodal preferential looking clips
(e.g., Hirsh-Pasek & Golinkoff), the Human Language series has got a
nice clip.

Lynn Santelmann
Lynn Santelmann
Department of Applied Linguistics