literacy and L1/L2 grammar acquisition

R Kanagy kanagy at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sat Feb 27 05:24:27 UTC 1999

Dear researchers:

I am seeking references on L1/L2 literacy and its effect on the acquisition
of grammar,
e.g., how does learning to read and write interact with the acquisition of
morphosyntax in the native or foreign language? My focus is on L1 Japanese
children vs. L2 Japanese immersion children.  I'm looking for studies on
other
languages as well.

Please reply to: <kanagy at darkwing.uoregon.edu> and I will summarize and
post the responses.

Thanks,

Ruth Kanagy
Assistant Professor
Dept. of E. Asian Languages & Literatures
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 USA
phone (541)346-4035; fax (541)346-0260
e-mail: kanagy at darkwing.uoregon.edu
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~kanagy/