syntax at 7 months

Magdalena Smoczynska ULSMOCZY at Vela.filg.uj.edu.pl
Tue Jan 5 20:38:51 UTC 1999

Dear Brian and Info-Childesers,

Syntax at 7 month only? So late? And why not earlier?
I am not surprized at all to read such news. I got
used to it.

What I really miss here is a quotation from a very serious
scholar saying: "This is what everybody (sc. everybody who
is serious enough) believes to be true". I got used to read
it so often. Yes, the public needs to be informed what we
ALL believe to be true.

With most unserious regards,

Magdalena Smoczynska

P.S. What is syntax, by the way?

doc. dr hab. Magdalena Smoczynska
Katedra Jezykoznawstwa Ogolnego i Indoeuropejskiego UJ
Dept. of General and Indoeuropean Linguistics
Jagiellonian University
Al. Mickiewicza 9/11
31-120 Krakow, Poland
tel. +(48) (12) 6336377 ext. 302