AILA '99

Tiiu Salasoo Tiiu.Salasoo at pgrad.arts.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jan 22 23:19:29 UTC 1999

Dear CHILDES-List members,

Is there anyone who would like to share a room at the forthcoming 12th
World Congress of Applied Linguistics (AILA '99), to be held at the
Waseda University, Tokyo on August 1-6, 1999?

There are very difficult choices to be made: whether to stay at the
closest hotel (in the walking distance) to the venue at the Waseda
University, mentioned in the conference information (Righa Royal Hotel
Waseda), where one twin room costs 23,000 yen for 1 night (which, upon
sharing, would mean paying 11,500 each, plus tax/es). or whether to stay
at the much cheaper accommodation (23.500-35.900 yen for 8 nights) at
the National Olympics Memorial Youth Centre, which apparently is 40
minutes and 2 train-changes away from the Waseda University.

For either alternative I would like to have a companion, since I could
definitely not afford a single room at that hotel, and would not like to
undertake twice a day lengthy train journeys to cheaper hotels or the
Youth Centre on my own.

Anyone else with similar problems, who thinks sharing might make it
easier? Please let me know!

Yours faithfully,

    (Mrs.) Tiiu Salasoo

75 Abingdon Rd