transcribing video

Ed Baines E.Baines at ioe.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 17:50:25 UTC 1999

Dear all,

I am in the process of setting up a project examining
children's conversations and social interaction on school
playgrounds. We hope to use a camcorder (not digital) and
radio microphones to enable recording of the dialogue as
well as the identity of the speakers and context etc. My
concern is with the transcription end of the project.
Whereas for audio recordings a transcriber has the benefit
of a foot pedal to briefly rewind the tape to enable easy
transcription, there does not seem to be anything similar
that could be used with video. Does anyone know of a device
like a footpedal that could be used in conjunction with
video or suggest any simple (cheap) solutions?

Many thanks,

Ed

ps apologies for the cross posting.

Ed Baines